Monday, July 6, 2009

Flower Cupcakes


These are cupcakes that I made last year, before I discovered the art of fanciful photography, but they still look okay nonetheless. They're just basic butter cupcakes with butter icing, but the way I made the flowers is really cool.

So I was at a local market one day, and I discovered this stall with all these little icing decorations all over the table. When I went up to the stall, I discovered that the lady wasn't selling the decorations, but the silicone moulds to make the decorations. So my mum got me one, and it's the most helpful little tool ever.

You just buy some soft fondant icing, colour it as normal, and then coat it in some cornflour. Then you press it into the mould, smooth out the top and pop it out. Yay! A flower!




No comments:

Post a Comment